[OPLINLIST] publishing software

Ed Rossman erossman74 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 16:26:31 EDT 2012

Hi Laura,

In my Crisp Communications workshop for the Kent SLIS program, I go over Microsoft Publisher and have the students do a post-workshop assignment in it. I find the templates very easy to use for non-technical people and they can master it quickly. It offers all the media formats you mention, and a lot of others!

The Workshop is at Kent, June 8-9. Contact me off list if you'd like more details.

Best,
Ed Rossman

OPLINLIST] publishing software
Monday, May 21, 2012 4:19 PM

"Laura Thorne" <thornela at oplin.org>

To:
oplinlist at lists.oplin.org

We are in need of opinions:  what kind of software do you use to produce
bookmarks, brochures, flyers, etc. for your library?  We are a small rural
library; the children's librarian and I do all our in-house publishing and
we need a new program.  Keep in mind we are "fairly" tech savvy but do not
need anything with tons of bells and whistles.  What works for you in your
small library (those libraries with their own PR department probably will
not need to weigh in on this question-lol)?
We have been using an old version of Printshop but are getting new computers
and we will need to upgrade.  Thoughts or opinions?