[OPLINLIST] Upcoming SMS Gateway Modification Pt. 2

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Tue Oct 23 08:32:26 EDT 2012

All

Tomorrow morning I'll be making a change to the text messaging gateway which will require *** to be somewhere in the mail for that message to be converted to a text message.

This is the same change I talked about 3 weeks ago. Since then I've been monitoring the system for any messages that would be caught under this new rule, and working with libraries to update their notices. If this change would have effected your library, then it is very likely I've already talked to your staff and we've worked it out. Any messages that are discarded by the system will be saved to a log file, allowing us to accurately troubleshoot any reports of missing texts.

There will be no interruption in service for this change. If you have any questions let me know.

Karl Jendretzky
Technology Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network
jendreka at oplin.org