[OPLINLIST] Philly the War Dog...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 13:32:31 EST 2013

Had a patron in last night looking for a book about this dog.  He served with a military unit from Philadelphia during WWI and was awarded medals for bravery.  I have searched Amazon and Google every way I know how, but cannot come up with the name of a book.  Patron insists that she saw a book at her son's book fair.  She handed me several doozies in the way of reference questions yesterday and this was the only one I couldn't solve.  Anyone know of a book about this dog?

Barbara Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library
200 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, OH  44820
419-562-7327 x 104
http://www.childrensprogramming.blogspot.com/
Author of 1,000 Fingerplays and Action Rhymes:  A Sourcebook and DVD
www.neal-schuman.com/far
JUST PUBLISHED!!!:  The Holiday Handbook:  700+ Storytime Activities...
www.neal-schuman.com/rtghs