[OPLINLIST] Dolly Parton's Imagination Library

Rachelle Miller rmiller at tmcpl.org
Tue Apr 15 09:40:08 EDT 2014

Troy-Miami County Public Library will be hosting an open house on Thursday, April 24, from 10 a.m.-noon in honor of our newest endeavor, Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. We will be hosting Pam Hunsaker, regional director for Imagination Library. I'd like to invite anyone interested in learning more about the program to attend. Imagination Library is program that allows every child from birth to their fifth birthday to receive a book by mail each month. If a child is registered at birth, they receive 60 books over the course of the next several years. The cost per child is about $25/month. Books are handpicked by educators and packaged and sent by the Foundation. Pam will be sharing information on how to start a program as well as how to get your program funded.

Our program currently has 1,244 children registered (after 3 ½ months of operation). You can learn more at imaginationlibrary.com.

The Miami County program currently is being funded by our three area United Way agencies (Troy, Tipp, and Piqua) as well as to local foundations, the Troy Foundation and the Miami County Foundation. The program is being championed by Miami County libraries.

If you are unable to attend but would like more information, please let me know and I will pass your information on to Pam.

      Rachelle Miller, Executive Director

      Troy-Miami County Public Library

      (937) 339-0502

       www.tmcpl.org