[OPLINLIST] Standing Hold Requests

Chauncey Montgomery montgoc1 at oplin.org
Tue Apr 29 13:11:20 EDT 2014

Our patrons have asked if we could maintain standing hold requests,
similar to standing order plans we use with vendors, where they could be
placed on hold for every book published by certain authors.  We offered
this service in the past, but it was extremely laborious.

I was wondering how other libraries approached such requests. If you
provide this service, do you maintain a separate system (database,
spreadsheet, paper, etc.)? Does your ILS provide a feature for managing
such requests?

Thanks in advance.
CM
--
Chauncey G. Montgomery, MLIS
Director/Fiscal Officer | Community Library