[OPLINLIST] "Donate" button on web site?

Douglas Anderson andersdo at oplin.org
Tue Dec 9 15:11:00 EST 2014

ACDL is considering setting up a way for patrons to donate to the library
via our web site.

We're just beginning to explore what options we have available. I know some
libraries have set up a PayPal button, and some take credit/debit card
payments online. How complicated was it for your fiscal officer and
webmaster to set these up securely?

Does anybody have any tips, suggestions, success stories, tales of horror,
or other information they'd like to share? Precautionary measures? Absolute
musts? Legal considerations? Things to avoid? Unexpected pitfalls?
Delightful surprises?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-- Doug Anderson

--
Douglas E. Anderson, Reference Coordinator
Ashtabula County District Library