[OPLINLIST] Compilation of Notaries in Libraries

Alan Hall Alanh at oplin.org
Wed Dec 17 09:34:23 EST 2014

The discussion of Public Notary service caused me to inquire of our branches how many a) Notaries  b) Faxes were done last week (Dec 8-14, 2014) within the Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County.  (Main Library + 6 Branches)

115 - Public Notary

133 - Faxes

Supervisors were concerned that I was asking with the thought of terminating the Service.  They said that it is an "appreciated" service within the library, particularly the Public Notary service.  Fax service seems to be growing with people commenting that they switched their home telephone service to cell service or Internet phone service and found that their home fax now "won't work" or is unreliable, causing them to come to the library to use the fax.

Alan Hall, Director
Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County