[OPLINLIST] Ohio Libraries Quarterly issue features Special Libraries

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Wed Jul 2 16:48:58 EDT 2014

Please excuse multiple postings...

The Ohio Libraries Quarterly (OLQ) featuring Special Libraries was recently posted to our website at http://library.ohio.gov/Marketing/Newsletters/OhioLibrariesQuarterly#V3I2

This issue of the OLQ includes the following articles:

*        OCLC Library...We Get It

*        The Billy Ireland Cartoon Library - A Library with the World's Largest Collection of Comic Strip Tear Sheets and clippings

*        The Day-to-Day Work of News Librarians at the Columbus Dispatch Editorial Library

*        The Hayes Research Library - A Presidential Library and More

*        Ohio County Law Libraries

*        Dally Memorial Library - The Little Library That Could

*        Groundbreaking Reads at Richland Correctional Institution

*        Records Library Thrives at Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities

*        Mount Carmel Health System Library Services: Health Sciences Librarianship gains its momentum!

*        Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Library and Archives

*        Reference Tracking Software, Making Our Jobs Easier at the Supreme Court of Ohio Law Library

*        The Harold Terry Clark Library of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History

*        State Library of Ohio: A Government Documents Depository

*        Ohioana Library

A special thanks goes out to all of the librarians that contributed articles about their Special Libraries. Their collections and services are unique but their drive to organize and share information is the same as librarians working in all types of libraries.

Our next issue will feature Extended Services: Beyond/outside the Library. We are looking for articles about unique programs and services that libraries provides beyond their physical space.

Marsha

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF9615.834E7370]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CF9615.834E7370]
Find us on [cid:image003.png at 01CF9615.834E7370] <https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>   [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image006.png at 01CF9615.834E7370] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.