[OPLINLIST] WebJunction services to change in Ohio starting July 1, 2014

McDevitt-Stredney, Marsha marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Jun 3 10:29:32 EDT 2014

Please excuse multiple postings...

The State Library of Ohio has been a state partner with OCLC's WebJunction since 2008. During this time professional development and technology needs and trends in libraries have changed dramatically. In order to provide relevant and affordable online learning opportunities for all library staff, WebJunction's service structure and website platform have also changed.

This month we are preparing for another change. WebJunction has spent the last year evaluating their services and fee structure, and seeking input from their state partners to identify priorities. As a result they are transitioning away from their web-content management service and working toward a shared priority of library focused learning. Our partnership with WebJunction will continue but starting July 1, 2014 there will be two significant changes.  These changes include:

*        The Ohio section of webjunction.org will no longer exist. We are currently in the process of migrating content from WebJunction Ohio to the State Library of Ohio website. Most of the content is already available to access at: https://library.ohio.gov/Marketing/Libraries.

*        Access to general online, self-paced Skillsoft courses will end.
WebJunction will continue to develop and deliver online library focused courses and webinars. As a result of our ongoing partnership with WebJunction, these online learning opportunities will continue to be available at no cost to staff working in Ohio libraries.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about our partnership with WebJunction.
Marsha

[cid:image007.jpg at 01CF7F16.B4794C10]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov>
[cid:image008.jpg at 01CF7F16.B4794C10]
Find us on [cid:image009.png at 01CF7F16.B4794C10] <https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>   [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image012.png at 01CF7F16.B4794C10] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.