[OPLINLIST] FW: OpenDNS Question

Cory Dahlinghaus dahlinghaus at wrightlibrary.org
Wed Jun 18 13:27:25 EDT 2014

Hello,

How many libraries are using OpenDNS provided by OPLIN?

If so, are you filtering all computers or just certain workstations?

The wifi computers was easy to set up since I could just add the OpenDNS
servers to the router.

I'm having trouble coming up with a way to filter our PCReservation
computers since they are connected to the domain. I only need to filter 9
domain computers so I can't add the forwarders to the DNS or all get
blocked. If I change the DNS settings locally on the workstation, then the
workstation won't resolve with the domain. Maybe I am just making it to
difficult.

Any suggestion?

Cory Dahlinghaus

Wright Memorial Public Library