[OPLINLIST] FW: OpenDNS Question

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Wed Jun 18 13:58:38 EDT 2014

Cory,

Currently there are 91 libraries under the OPLIN OpenDNS account, though I can't say for sure what each one is using it for.

Your situation is a bit of a pinch. Only thing I can think of is to identify which records the client actually needs from the AD server, and then if those are static to replicate them in the client hosts file, thus bypassing the need for that workstation to us the AD server for DNS resolution. I don't have much experience with AD servers, so that's more of a guess than anything.

Lastly Chad is correct about needing to filter all workstations to be CIPA compliant. OLC has some info on that topic at http://olc.org/CIPAIntro.php; Chad's comment is reinforced by questions #5 on the FAQ document.

Karl Jendretzky
Technology Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network
jendreka at oplin.org