[OPLINLIST] RDA impacts Reference and Readers’ Advisory? Absolutely! Find out more at RDA 4 Everyone on July 10th

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Jun 18 15:02:19 EDT 2014

Whether you’re a copy cataloger or a reference librarian, whether you work
with academic or public communities, RDA is here and it impacts more than
just your library’s materials-processing workflow.  RDA represents a
revolution in how libraries think about documenting AND accessing the
resources we provide for users--a big step toward a linked data future!

At our upcoming multi-type conference, RDA 4 Everyone
<http://www.ohionet.org/rda-4-everyone>, we’ll feature three learning
tracks--for copy catalogers, for department managers, and for public
service staff.  And, our speakers hail from libraries both big and small,
from stand-alone organizations and consortia, and from public, academic,
K12 and library-support institutions.

Sign up today to join us on July 10th to hear from…

   -

   Elizabeth Hegstrom, Regina Houseman and Barbara Satow (Cleveland Public
   Library) as they present, “OMG, it’s RDA: What Public Services Staff Need
   to Know (without TMI)”
   -

   Connie Strait (Greene County Public Library) as she discusses “Murder
   She Wrote! Killing it with RDA for Your Staff and Patrons”
   -

   Ian Fairclough (George Mason University) as he talks about
   “Understanding RDA: How May I Help You”

Go to www.ohionet.org/rda-4-everyone for links to the full conference
schedule, pricing information and multiple payment methods.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue