[OPLINLIST] Collaboration with colleges/universities

Chris May cmay at mrcpl.org
Fri Oct 31 11:53:29 EDT 2014

Hello OPLINlisters-

Has anyone out there worked with a local college or university to provide a leisure reading collection to students?  We are looking into doing this, but have a few questions:

- Did students use their college card or public library card to check out?  We are wondering how we should tackle the cataloging aspect of this project and this would be a big factor.

- Did you allow the college to sign up students for a public library card?  If so, any problems/issues?

- How did you compile checkout statistics?

- What was the usage like?

We want to do this in the easiest way possible, while still pulling the usage statistics since the materials would be provided by our library.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

--

Chris May
Deputy Director