[OPLINLIST] Grrrrr.........

Sandy Thaxton sthaxton at mljlibrary.org
Fri Oct 31 15:25:19 EDT 2014

Hi fellow Oplinlisters,

Maybe this topic isn't list-worthy, but I would love some ideas/input.
(Okay, *and* to vent a little.) My office area is rather open to the
public. Despite the sign (and I did have a nicer one posted), patrons
insist on coming into my office area. Not just a step in, all the way in
and they creep in silently and scare me to death when I have my back turned
for a second.

I like to feel that I have *some* boundaries, especially since I keep my
purse at my desk, my Notary Public stamp, my phone and other personal
items. I try to keep them under lock and key but they aren't always locked
away.

We have to have that open space meet the guidelines for wheelchair access
and we thought the black "border" of carpet would designate office area,
but apparently it doesn't.

I sure would love to have a gold post and a red velvet rope like the movie
theaters used to have. Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? I'd
appreciate it. Have a great weekend!!

Sandy Thaxton
Head of Reference
MLJ-Hardin Co. Dist. Library