[OPLINLIST] A Few Days Remain to Rev Up Your Reference Skills with OHIONET

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Apr 23 15:25:23 EDT 2015

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

The next installment of our Reference 101 *w*ebinar series is coming next
week.  Our instructor, Dr. Miriam Kahn, will be walking us through the
basics of working with often-overlooked primary sources: maps!

Maps are fantastic sources of information that can tell us so much more
than which way to turn to find that great coffee shop, bookstore or other
point of interest.  As primary sources, especially, in a historical
context, maps can offer rich insights and tell a fascinating story.  Join
us for this webinar wherein we’ll discuss a variety of sources (both
digital and physical) for accessing and understanding map data: Sanborn
Maps, USGS Maps, historical atlases and MORE.

*WHAT*: Special Sources: Maps!
*WHEN*: Wednesday, April 29th, from 3 PM to 4:30 PM
*WHERE*: Live, ONLINE with Citrix GoToWebinar
*CLICK HERE* <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=258> to
register now!

*REMEMBER*:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend
OHIONET’s in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what
membership level your library maintains?  *Contact us*
<ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re
happy to help.

 To check out all our current CE options,
<https://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar>*CLICK HERE*
<https://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for the OHIONET Training
Calendar.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue