[OPLINLIST] We’ve got you covered on cataloging at OhioNET—Check out our 2016 Fundamentals sessions

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Dec 8 11:55:50 EST 2015

Please excuse cross-postings.

OhioNET is pleased to announce that we’ll be continuing our Fundamentals of Cataloging sessions in 2016.  This long-running series is offered in both in-person and online formats and is designed to share the skills, knowledge and tools for successful copy cataloging of existing records.  If you are new to cataloging or need a better understanding of basic principles, these courses are just what you’re looking for.

The next set of Fundamentals of Cataloging classes on the OhioNET Training Calendar will focus on what you need to know to tackle records for AV materials.  We’ll cover the basics of working effectively with commonly found formats (like CDs, DVDs, and streaming files), teaching attendees how to identify records for these AV formats, to select the best records for copy cataloging, to understand (and watch for) all the RDA-related changes to AV records, to create and alter records in these formats, and to explore freely available resources to support their cataloging.  Click on the links below to snag your spot today!

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Overview of Common AV Formats (Session 1)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=293&reset=1>
Tuesday, Jan 12th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=293&reset=1> for more information and registration options.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: MARC for Common AV Formats (Session 2)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=294&reset=1>
Tuesday, Jan 19th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=294&reset=1> for more information and registration options.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2 for DVDs (Session 3)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=295&reset=1>
Tuesday, Jan 26th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=295&reset=1> for more information and registration options.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: RDA vs AACR2 for CDs (Session 4)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=296&reset=1>
Tuesday, Feb. 2nd, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=296&reset=1> for more information and registration options.

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend OhioNET’s in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the drop-down list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

Looking for more cataloging?  Check out these other upcoming online sessions:
Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Overview of Subject Analysis for Copy Catalogers (Session 1)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=298&reset=1>
Tuesday, Feb. 16th, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=298&reset=1> to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Tools for Copy Catalogers (Session 2)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=299&reset=1>
Tuesday, Feb. 23rd, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=299&reset=1> to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging ONLINE: Subject Analysis Suggested Workflows (Session 3)<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=300&reset=1>
Tuesday, Mar. 1st, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (Live, ONLINE)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=300&reset=1> to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction and Basic Description<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=311&reset=1>
Tuesday. Mar. 29th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (In-person at OhioNET)
CLICK HERE<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=311&reset=1> to register.

Head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming sessions.  And, if you find yourself with any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET
1500 West Lane Avenue