[OPLINLIST] Payphone issues

Gerry Vogel gvogel at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Wed Dec 9 17:58:27 EST 2015

Two payphones (lobby and parking lot) removed by phone company about 8 and
6 years ago respectively.

Courtesy phone provided near circ desk for local calls, we ask they be
short.

If patrons need to make a SHORT long distance call, they ask a desk staffer
and we dial it for them.

Long distance was once an issue but not much anymore.  It is effectively a
free good now.  Almost every other call is long distance, owing to our
location and that many patrons who move here keep their old cell phone #s.

--
Gerry Vogel, MLIS
Assistant Director, Avon Lake Public Library

*Sign up for Email Blasts <http://4la.co/14TZCK> about upcoming library
events.*