[OPLINLIST] Rev up your Reader’s Advisory skills with this OHIONET webinar (1/21/15)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Jan 15 14:27:56 EST 2015

*Please excuse cross-postings.*

OHIONET is pleased to announce a new series of webinars designed to help
you refresh your reference skills. We are pleased to have Dr. Miriam Kahn
on our Training Calendar covering topics ranging from reader’s advisory
recommendations to navigating numbers online to OPAC and database searching
tips.  Join us for our first session in her Reference 101 series on
Wednesday, Jan. 21st!

Reader’s Advisory: Get Started with Online Tools and Resources
<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=240>Wednesday, Jan.
21st, 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
CLICK HERE <http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=240> to
sign up now!

Whether you'd like to brush up on your reader's advisory skills and help
individual patrons find what they need or use these tools and resources to
support local reading groups or books clubs to increase community
engagement, this webinar has what you need.  We'll be covering
recommendations for both fiction and nonfiction materials, discussing tips
for learning how to talk to your patrons and make the best suggestions, and
demonstrating and describing various RA online tools.

REMEMBER:  Employees of Premium Level OHIONET members can attend OHIONET’s
in-house webinars and workshops for free.  Not sure what membership level
your library maintains?  Contact us <ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to
help.

To check out all our current CE options, CLICK HERE
<https://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for the OHIONET Training
Calendar.

If you have questions <shellym at ohionet.org> about or suggestions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s7iXT9AwEfaVt4cjUF5RA4SHR4ixOGM1_HVdArx7maw/viewform>
for OHIONET's CE offerings, don't hesitate to contact me.

Shelly S. Miller
Continuing Education Coordinator
OHIONET
 1500 West Lane Avenue