[OPLINLIST] Traveling Salesman with Bag and T-Shirt

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:43:47 EDT 2015

Hello all:
I have just had an encounter with the traveling salesman with a bag of
books. He stopped by two of my branches first, but they told her they do
not purchase that way. Then he came to the main library. He was very pushy
and adamant. He told one of my branch managers that he was just trying to
make a living. I informed him we do not purchase from walk-in sales reps
unless they had made an appointment with us. He asked for an appointment
and I refused because he had no credentials from any company that is set up
as a vendor with our library system (W-9s, insurance, etc.) He had no ID. I
told him Paulding County libraries would not purchase from him. I stood my
ground, but he made me feel uneasy.

Just wanted to let NW Ohio libraries know he is in the neighborhood and
visiting small branches.
Hope you all have a great holiday!
Susan

*Susan Hill Pieper, M.S.L.S.*
*Director/Librarian*
*Paulding County Carnegie Library*
*205 South Main Street*
*Paulding, Ohio 45879*
*(419) 399-2032 - Voice   (419) 399-2114 - Fax*
www.pauldingcountylibrary.com
https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary
<https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary?ref=hl>
Follow us on Twitter! <https://twitter.com/pauldinglibrary>