[OPLINLIST] Potential future fallout from the OPLIN e-mail server failure

Stephen Hedges stephen at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Jul 15 10:43:45 EDT 2015

Any excellent point, Chad, thank you!

OPLIN is currently operating a transfer server, so if we have your old OPLIN email address and your new email address, mail sent to the old oplin.org address will get forwarded to you. See http://oplin.org/node/628.

BUT, the OPLIN Board wants everyone to understand that "indefinite" does not equal "permanent." At some point -- probably in a couple of years, the OPLIN Board has not set a date yet -- we will take this transfer server down and either re-purpose it or retire the hardware. And should the hardware fail before then, we will not recreate the server.

So while the transfer server ~might~ still be working when your domain registration comes up for renewal, I personally wouldn't take that chance.

Good advice, Chad.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director