[OPLINLIST] Grants for building projects

Janelle Thomas j.thomas at swantonpubliclibrary.org
Wed Jun 10 15:44:08 EDT 2015

I thought I'd ask the collective brain if anyone is familiar with grants
for building projects. The potential idea is to construct a building /
add on to our building to house the A.D. Baker Steam #1 Steam Engine.
A.D. Baker invented a type of steam engine, his home is across the
street from us, and we have a very active local railroad club. The hope
is to also move the old Brailey Depot back to our block and the village
would partner in that capacity. The machine is currently housed at a
local museum.

Any thoughts? Has anyone had a similar project experience that they
wouldn't mind sharing about?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Best wishes,

Janelle Thomas

Swanton Public Library