[OPLINLIST] Connect to your community and learn how to demonstrate your value with OhioNET’s upcoming webinar (9/26)

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Aug 25 11:38:56 EDT 2016

Please excuse cross-postings.

Would you like to build better relationships with your patrons?  Are you looking for new ideas on how to meet their needs and demonstrate your value?  If you could use a fresh perspective on customer service tactics, plan to join us for OhioNET’s upcoming webinar, Become a Trusted Librarian: Tactics and Service Models that Build Relationships<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=346&reset=1>, in which Tina Franks will draw on her experience working in public, corporate and (now) academic libraries.  We’ll be discussing successful service models and trust-building techniques that keep users coming back time and again.

Become a Trusted Librarian: Tactics and Service Models that Build Relationships<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=346&reset=1>
Monday, Sept. 26th, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Tina Franks, The Ohio State University Libraries

Can’t make it during the scheduled time?  You'll still have access to our content.  Everyone who registers will automatically receive a link to view the archived recording of our session for later viewing.

Don’t forget!  Employees of Premium Level OhioNET members can attend almost all of our in-house workshops or webinars at no charge.  Not sure what membership level your library maintains? Select your employer from the Organization list on the registration page and your member level will automatically be populated on the form.  If you find yourself with questions, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>--we’re happy to help!

Looking for more sessions in our Cultivating Connections series?  Check out these upcoming events.

Skills for Small Group Decision-Making and Problem-Solving<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=351&reset=1>
Learn about where groups often go wrong (or right!) in decision-making and problem-solving.  Attendees will gather tips for what groups can do to increase the likelihood of good group outcomes and learn to recognize situations where these techniques would be helpful.
Thursday, Nov. 17th, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Matteson, Kent State University

JUST ADDED: Bullying in the Workplace<http://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=353&reset=1>
A workplace bully can negatively impact not only their targeted victim but also staff morale as a whole, employee productivity, employee safety, and teamwork.  Attendees will learn about strategies for identifying, addressing, and preventing bullying behavior in the workplace.
Thursday, Dec. 8th, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Live ONLINE
Presenter: Julie Whitt, Upper Arlington Public Library

Or head to OhioNET’s Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> to see of full-listing of all our scheduled events.

If you find yourself with questions, please don’t hesitate to contact….
Shelly S. Miller  |  Continuing Education Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>