[OPLINLIST] Tracking in-house equipment

Julie Retherford JRetherford at crcpl.org
Thu Dec 15 15:47:07 EST 2016

We are looking for a good way to keep track of all the equipment we make available to our staff. Items like Wii's, speakers & microphones, button makers, 3D printer, etc.

Do any of you use an official process for this? We're considering using Evanced, which we already subscribe to for patron room reservations & library events. Or maybe just cataloging and barcoding the items and having staff check them out? Both options have their downsides, so I'm wondering how the rest of you handle it.

Feel free to respond directly to me off-list.

Thanks,

Julie Retherford
Digital Services Manager
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library
(740) 702-4103
jretherford at crcpl.org