[OPLINLIST] "No-Fine" Libraries

Don Yarman yarmando at delawarelibrary.org
Mon Jul 18 06:04:07 EDT 2016

We bill the cost of the item when an item is overdue by
the length of its original loan period (28 days overdue for
a 28-day book, for example). But we don't send bills -- we
just leave the charge on the patron account.

We are in the process of revising the text of our notices
and the intervals we send them, letting people know in more
proactive and positive ways about the stops on their account
and the easy options for getting them resolved, and trying
to head off someone getting to a billed situation before it
happens.

                Don Yarman, Deputy Director
                Delaware County District Library
                84 E Winter St; Delaware OH 43015
                yarmando at delawarelibrary.org  740.362.3861

Currently listening to "Last Call" by Tim Powers.