[OPLINLIST] State Library of Ohio was recently selected as one of the 2016 Top Workplaces by the Columbus C.E.O. Magazine

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Thu May 5 10:51:10 EDT 2016

Please excuse multiple postings...

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D1A6BC.06D72300]The State Library of Ohio was recently selected as one of the 2016 Top Workplaces<http://www.topworkplaces.com/frontend.php/regional-lists> by the Columbus C.E.O. Magazine. Top Workplaces lists are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by WorkplaceDynamics, LLC<http://www.workplacedynamics.com/>, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of workplace culture were measured, including Alignment, Execution, and Connection, just to name a few.

"The Top Workplaces award is not a popularity contest. And oftentimes, people assume it's all about fancy perks and benefits." says Doug Claffey, CEO of WorkplaceDynamics. "But to be a Top Workplace, organizations must meet our strict standards for organizational health. And who better to ask about work life than the people who live the culture every day-the employees. Time and time again, our research has proven that what's most important to them is a strong belief in where the organization is headed, how it's going to get there, and the feeling that everyone is in it together. Claffey adds, "Without this sense of connection, an organization doesn't have a shot at being named a Top Workplace."

Survey responses from the State Library of Ohio show that a majority of staff believe the agency is going in the right direction, operates by strong values and ethics, and have confidence in its leadership. A majority also reported they were well-informed about important decisions concerning the State Library and that their jobs make them feel like they are part of something meaningful.  One employee summed it up by stating, "I am able to make a positive difference for school and public libraries across the state.  This is the most awarding experience in my career.  I am excited to come to work every day."

 "I am extremely proud that the State Library of Ohio has been selected as a Top Work Place for 2016 by Columbus CEO," expressed State Librarian Beverly Cain.  "We have a highly engaged team of people working at the State Library who are committed to helping Ohio's libraries succeed and providing resources to help State government employees excel at their jobs.  That commitment is a big part of our culture and success."

Columbus CEO Magazine<http://www.columbusceo.com/content/sections/current-issue/index.html> published the complete list of Top Workplaces in their May issue. For more information about the Top Workplaces lists and WorkplaceDynamics, please visit http://www.topworkplaces.com and www.workplacedynamics.com<http://www.workplacedynamics.com>.

###
[StateLibraryLogo-smaller-AA2]

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6875
Fax: 614-466-3584
library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>

Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a
State Library service or resource helped
you or your library.