[OPLINLIST] OPLIN mail forwarder ending

Stephen Hedges stephen at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu May 5 13:34:27 EDT 2016

All,

As part of the transition off the defunct OPLIN email service last year, a
forwarder server was built to keep mail flowing from the old @oplin.org
addresses to new addresses, if people told us their new address. At this
point, after more than a year, that server seems to be forwarding mostly
spam, and some email services are starting to identify it as a spam server.
Therefore, we intend to take the forwarder server down July 1st, after
which any mail sent to the old @oplin.org addresses will bounce.

This means that over the next eight weeks you should pay attention to the
address on your emails and inform anyone who is still using your old @
oplin.org address that they need to switch to your new address. You will
not receive any mail sent to the old @oplin.org address starting July 1st.

If after July 1st you should encounter an old password recovery mechanism
that needs to send a mail to your old @oplin.org address, contact OPLIN
support and we'll set up a temporary solution.

Stephen Hedges
Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
2323 W. Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus 43204