[OPLINLIST] 3D Printers and Maker Spaces

Michael Penrod michaelpenrod at wcdpl.org
Wed Oct 5 11:22:53 EDT 2016

We bought 2 HP Sprout stations that could be considered a "makerspace in a
box."  Both patrons and staff are enjoying the stations - and they do not
take up a lot of room.

For the station in our adult area, we have discovered that there is a group
of retired engineers in our community that are coming in to make various
items (gears, custom tennis racket handles, etc).  We are enjoying lots of
creative exploring without a huge investment in space or cost.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/sprout/home.html

Michael

--
Michael Penrod, Director