[OPLINLIST] Smoke Smell on Hotspots

Chad Neeper via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Mon Aug 7 09:34:00 EDT 2017

You can carefully clean the plastic housing with chemicals (test a hidden
spot first to ensure you don't discolor/damage the plastic), but you should
avoid using chemicals on the electronics, of course. If the device you're
trying to clean has fans and/or vent holes, then blowing the dust out makes
a lot of sense. Dust would retain the smoke smell, so removing the dust
would help remove the smell.

This site has some ideas for you on how to air out electronics:
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-remove-smoke-odor-from-electronics

Good luck!
Chad

*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

*Full IT/Computer consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and
schools*