[OPLINLIST] Join OhioNET for the next Reference Skills & Resources webinar—Unpacking Citations (9/11/17)

Shelly Miller via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Mon Aug 28 14:38:30 EDT 2017

In this age of hyperlinked documents, many of us are out of the habit of working with citations. Whether your responsibilities have you helping patrons track down hard-to-find resources or leading information literacy lessons, join us to refresh your knowledge on traditional citation structures, (including those associated with genealogical or archival work), discover online sources to help you and your users answer questions about a variety of citation formats, and learn about the power of citation databases to help identify commonly cited sources.

Unpacking Citations: Understanding Sources and Structures<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=385&reset=1>
Monday, Sept. 11, from 3 PM to 4 PM, Live, ONLINE
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn

Looking for more in our Reference Skills & Resources Series?  Check out these upcoming events or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our CE offerings.

Special Sources for Local History: City Directories<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=378>
Tuesday, October 3rd, 3 PM to 4 PM, Live, ONLINE

Help Your Patrons Get the Most from Ancestry Library Edition<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=413>
Monday, October 16th, 3 PM to 4 PM, Live, ONLINE

Hands-on Local History: Sources and Strategies for a Community-Centered Project<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=379&reset=1>
Wednesday, November 8th, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM, IN-PERSON at OhioNET

Getting to the Real News: Finding Answers to Patron Questions in EBSCOhost<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=417&reset=1>
Tuesday, November 28th, 3 PM to 4 PM, Live, ONLINE

If you find yourself with questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>.  We’re always happy to help!

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37