[OPLINLIST] Job Posting - Dayton Metro Library

Jennifer Kadel JEly at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Fri Dec 15 13:54:55 EST 2017

Patron Services Assistant, Part-Time
Northwest Branch
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week), customer-service minded individual who is ready to help patrons use our Northwest Branch, which is our largest, busiest, urban branch.  The successful candidate will be kept busy assisting patrons in locating library materials, using our self-checkout stations, resolving patron account issues, and much more!  We are looking for a patient, energetic person who is excited about providing exceptional customer service to our patrons.  Join our team today!

Essential Job Duties

*         Provides courteous, welcoming and prompt circulation services to all patrons. Charges, discharges and reserves library materials. Enters circulation data into computer.  Assists patrons at self-check stations.

*         Computes and collects fines, registers and issues library cards, registers voters and Golden Buckeye participants.  Answers phone and responds to patron inquiries.

  *   Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.

*         Processes book drop returns, operates Materials Handling system, sorts delivery and mail, routes materials, searches for holds and missing items and processes unclaimed requests.

  *   Completes financial report, counts out cash drawer and coin bill acceptor, and makes a bank deposit as needed.

*         Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as mending materials, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and filling displays as assigned.

Job Qualifications

*         High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.

*         Knowledge of circulation policies and procedures preferred.

*         General knowledge of PC equipment required.

*         Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.

*         Previous library experience is a plus!

Compensation and Benefits:  Starting hourly wage is $14.74 with a full benefits package.

Application Process:  For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org<mailto:careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org> by December 26, 2017.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0186B.B3E83010]

JENNIFER KADEL
Recruitment and Retention Manager
DaytonMetroLibrary.org<http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/>
P: 937.496.8588 *  F: 937.496.4302

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J.K. Rowling