[OPLINLIST] Emedia only library cards?

Gerry Vogel gvogel at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Mon Apr 30 13:13:23 EDT 2018

http://alpl.org/sign-library-card/

Not in CLEVNET but SIRSI.

We signed up a lot of 5th graders in the fall for Library cards for this
purpose and this was something we used for cards with large fines.

There are a few issues with checking against existing cards.  A lot of
patrons have been doing this because their card is expired and this is an
option to contacting us, especially after hours.  We may look into ways to
renew cards online, confirming address / contact information as there is a
clear need and other Libraries can do it.

--
Gerry Vogel: MLIS, Ohio CPL
Assistant Director, Avon Lake Public Library

“If you want to be a reference librarian, you must learn to overcome not
only your shyness but also the shyness of others.” S.R.Ranganathan