[OPLINLIST] Old blueprints

Mandy Knapp mandy at oplin.ohio.gov
Tue Mar 6 15:58:21 EST 2018

Hello Lynn and David,

Excellent question. Generally, I would recommend preserving the blueprints
in large format archival boxes, similar to other large format
documents. Something
like this,
<http://www.gaylord.com/Preservation/Document-Preservation/Storage-Boxes/Gaylord-Archival%26%23174%3B-Blue-B-Flute-Deep-Lid-Oversize-Map-%26-Print-Box/p/HYB09168>for
example. If you are interested in scanning them, there are several metro
libraries that have a large format scanner (Columbus and Cleveland might be
the two closest to you).

I also found this publication from the National Park
<https://www.nps.gov/museum/publications/conserveogram/19-09.pdf>s that
talks about the preservation of blueprints. It is specifically important to
keep them out of direct sunlight.

Hope that helps,

Mandy Knapp
Digital Resources Manager