[OPLINLIST] Don't miss your chance to learn how to troubleshoot your discovery layer--EBSCO Discovery Service & Summon!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon Mar 12 10:32:36 EDT 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3B9ED.6CEC9CB0]

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D3B9ED.6CEC9CB0]

Many libraries have opted to subscribe to a discovery layer to help patrons uncover all the materials they provide through a single search interface. However, this new layer of software can have many quirks and requires thoughtful implementation and maintenance.  As a follow-up to our recent session on Demystifying Discovery Layers, OhioNET has scheduled software-specific sessions for both the EBSCO Discovery Service and Summon.  Check out descriptions below and sign up today!
Troubleshooting Tips for the EDS, Part 1<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=448>-Thursday, Mar. 15th 2PM - 3PM
Part 1 will focus on important configuration decisions: managing EBSCOhost and Partner databases, configuring CustomLinks for discoverability, and implementing custom widgets and branding.
Presenter: David Green, OhioNET

Getting the Most Out of Summon<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=449>-Thursday, Mar. 22nd 3PM - 4:30PM
Summon Subscribers-attend this session to explore a variety of back-end and front-end customizations to ensure ALL your content is displayed and discoverable, including creating links to free available databases.  Everyone will leave with a list of recommended data-maintenance tasks
Presenter: Amy Fry, Bowling Green State University

Troubleshooting Tips for the EDS, Part 2<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=450>-Tuesday, Apr. 10th 2PM - 3PM
Session 2 will focus on the relationship between the EDS, Full Text Finder, and Holdings Management, and attendees will learn about managed and custom holdings, Full Text Finder vs Publication Finder interfaces, and Full Text Finder links management.
Presenter: David Green, OhioNET
Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

Looking for more?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37