[OPLINLIST] Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning transition

Nicholas Slone sloneni at adamscolibrary.org
Thu Aug 15 11:45:33 EDT 2019

Last night, our board voted unanimously to withdraw participation in
Lynda/LinkedIn Learning.

ALA's privacy sub-committee has provided information about potential
replacement e-learning platforms
<https://chooseprivacyeveryday.org/online-learning-platforms/> on their
Choose Privacy Every Day <https://chooseprivacyeveryday.org/> site.

If anyone, in addition to the OPLIN board, would like to get a copy of
the email I'm sending to our current Lynda users, please let me know.
For those that also choose to withdraw participation, Erin Berman, chair
of ALA's privacy subcommittee, asks that you let her know, as she's been
compiling a list of libraries for several weeks, now. Her email address
is ErinBerman at aclibrary.org.

Sincerely,
Nicholas Slone
Executive Director