[OPLINLIST] Don’t miss your chance to register for the Introduction to Original Cataloging workshop on 8/20

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Aug 15 13:50:34 EDT 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D55370.68BFF1F0]

Got local or unique items in need of catalog records? Join us to learn the skills needed to create MARC records from scratch. Attendees to this workshop MUST have copy-cataloging experience or have taken the Introduction and Basic Description workshop or webinars.  We’re happy to host you in one of our recently re-designed meeting spaces, featuring easily moveable furniture for group work and with plenty of room and equipment to support laptops, tablets and more.  If you think you’d benefit from hands-on, face-to-face time with our workshop leader for this event, Misty Alvaro from Upper Arlington Public Library, plan to sign-up today—space is limited. Click the title links for more information and to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction to Original Cataloging Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=506&reset=1>
Tuesday, August 20, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (with an hour-long break for lunch on your own)
CEUs: 5

Looking for more content in our Fundamentals of Cataloging training track? Here are a few events coming up soon. For a complete list of all our currently available continuing education opportunities, head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar>.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Common AV Formats series
These webinars will focus on the issues, fields, and elements to be considered when working with commonly used AV formats including CDs, DVDs, and streaming audio and video files. All sessions in this series will be led by Tim Keller (Oberlin College).
Session 1 – Overview of Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=517&reset=1>
Tuesday, September 24, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2
Session 2 – MARC for Common AV Formats<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=518&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 1, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2
Session 3 – RDA vs. AACR2 for DVDs<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=519&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 8, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2
Session 4 – RDA vs. AACR2 for CDs<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=520&reset=1>
Tuesday, October 15, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
CEUs: 2

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of our training events, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities