[OPLINLIST] Last chance for OhioNET’s Intro to Original Cataloging webinar series

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Thu Mar 14 13:23:03 EDT 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4DA69.0D013070]

If you've been wanting to try your hand at original cataloging and have prior training or experience with copy cataloging practices, wait no more! Our upcoming online series will introduce attendees to the key skills and workflows needed to create original records in MARC21 format.  Attendees will review standards for quality cataloging, explore time-saving tactics like creating templates or using constant data, and discover freely available tools to streamline their workflows and/or enhance their records.

Click each link below for more information or to register.  Can’t make it in real time? Sign up to automatically receive the follow-up materials and a link to the recording!

Basics of Original Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=481&reset=1>, Tuesday, March 26, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Simplifying Original Cataloging Workflows with Tools<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=482&reset=1>, Tuesday, April 2, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Tricks, Resources, and Practice for Original Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=484&reset=1>, Tuesday, April 16, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Series presenter: Misty Alvaro, Upper Arlington Public Library

Would you benefit from an intensive, face-to-face version of our Fundamentals of Cataloging material?  We also have two day-long, in-person workshops (fees apply) on the calendar for this summer.  Each event will be hosted at OhioNET and will feature long-time cataloging trainer, Misty Alvaro. Please note that workshops are not recorded. Click the title links for more information and to register.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction and Basic Description<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=505&reset=1>
Tuesday, June 18, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction to Original Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=506&reset=1>
Tuesday, August 20, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM

As always, you can head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for the full listing of all our currently available continuing education events. If you find yourself with questions about any of our offerings, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We’re always happy to help.

“See” you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Librarian
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities
[CHIS2resized]