[OPLINLIST] NEO News: Tomorrow's workshop, Tech Toys, Ancestry for the Holidays and Library User Experience

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Tue Nov 19 14:30:17 EST 2019

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<http://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_5404585.htm>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D59EE5.DC865C30]
NEONews November 18, 2019
Weekly Update

  *   A Note from the Research and Innovation Coordinator
  *   Still Time to Register for the End of 2019
  *   Still Seats Available for Tomorrow's Workshop
  *   Continuing Education to Print and Share
  *   Library User Experience
  *   Ancestry for the Holidays

Continuing Education to Print and Share
Don't miss an opportunity to share our one-page  CE @ a Glance<https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/1119_NEO-RLS_CE-REV.pdf>  with your staff and colleagues.  Here are two other ways to view continuing education, by  competency <https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/NEO-RLS_CE_By_Competency_0919.pdf> and by  track<https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/NEO-RLS_CE_By_Track_0919.pdf>.  Take a look.
Library User Experience
Did you miss this webinar,  Reducing Friction - Library User Experience on a Budget, Online and In Your Building <https://mms.neo-rls.org/members/mlogin.php?org_id=NEOL&gc=evrd&evid=22007899> ?   Here is the archive for your convenience.  Jennifer Koerber is one of our more popular presenters.
During and after this webinar, participants:

  *   Are introduced to user experience terminology, strategies, and tools, for both online and physical spaces.
  *   Will learn how to construct and implement a basic, low/no budget user experience study and improvements.
  *   May construct a brief list of "quick wins" they can implement immediately, based on brainstorming in the webinar chat.
  *   Can follow up with a list of additional user experience resources.

Ancestry for the Holidays
With the holidays fast approaching, ProQuest is offering a webinar titled "Ancestry for the Holidays." The webinar will describe the similarities and differences between Ancestry Library Edition and Ancestry.com, and how to assist patrons who want to use Ancestry Library Edition for holiday gift ideas and family research. Those interested can register here<https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/mw3300/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=proquestmeetings.>.
ProQuest will also have other genealogy webinars through the beginning of 2020 on that website.
A Note from the Research and Innovation Coordinator
[https://myneotoday.org/photos/35595_02132017081803.jpg]It’s hard to believe that we are already heading towards the end of November! It is around this time that patrons might be asking about or researching what cool new tech gadgets are out and available for the holidays. If you do a search online, there are dozens and dozens of articles that provide their own lists of great tech. Each year, we sift through all those articles and do our own research to come up with a list of gadgets for the year, and we present them in our yearly webinar, “Tech Toys for the Holidays.” This year, we covered over 80 different tech devices from e-health to smart tech to kids’ tech and more. In addition to making this an informative webinar for library staff, we tell libraries that they can use our PowerPoint to put on their own tech toys program for the holidays. You can add or subtract from our slides, and include whatever suits your community best. You can also print it out and create a “holiday booklet” if you would like. The holidays can get busy, so we want to make programming more convenient for you. To access the archived webinar, click here<http://bit.ly/TechToysArchive2019>. To access the PowerPoint, click here<http://bit.ly/TechToys2019>.

Holly Klingler

Still Time to Register for the End of 2019

Facilitation Skills Workshop<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53226>
11/19/2019
The Unified Desk-Customer Service at Its Best <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53276>
11/20/2019
Teaching Better Behavior: Social-Emotional Learning in Library Programming<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53277>
11/21/2019
Collection Management and Development Network Meeting: Focused on Weeding<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=55054>
12/02/2019
Spanish in a Pinch for Library Staff<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54172>
12/04/2019
Unconscious Bias & Micro Messages <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53320>
12/05/2019
Academic Library Director's Network Meeting <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=55053>
12/06/2019
To Tag, or Not to Tag? Implementing RFID at Your Library<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54173>
12/10/2019
Teen Programming: A Mover & Shaker's Recipe for Impact and Success<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54134>
12/11/2019
Adult Programming Palooza: Summer Reading & More!<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54960>
12/12/2019
Salary Survey Discussion: Fiscal Officers and Human Resources Network Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54833>
12/13/2019

Still Seats Available for Tomorrow's Workshop
Facilitation Skills Workshop
Tomorrow, Tuesday, November 19th at Twinsburg Public Library <https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=53226&org_id=NEOL>
This workshop is designed to teach the skills necessary to facilitate group interactions to achieve a successful conversation or discussion of a topic.  Facilitation skills training will include the four essential functions of high quality facilitation:  providing structure, encouraging participation, reflecting the group and moving the group forward. Please join Marti Peden for this interactive and informative workshop.
Template 1 - NEONews November 18, 2019