[OPLINLIST] Changes to Spectrum pricing, and a BIG OPLIN 470

Karl Jendretzky karl at oplin.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 22 08:59:14 EDT 2019

Good morning all,

Spectrum is currently working with the state to revise their Ethernet
contract, and though that contract isn't finished yet, the cost reductions
it contains will be available to OPLIN and libraries this ERate season. I
don't have a copy of the pricing, but I know that it drops across the
board, with the $500/100Mbps circuits dropping to ~$407.

Because of this OPLIN will be filing a Form 470 for all of its Spectrum
eLine circuits to request contracts with the new pricing. For any library
looking to do the same now would be the time to start thinking about this
year's ERate paperwork.

Conveniently, OPLIN is hosting an ERate training webinar Monday Oct 28th
with Lorrie Germann (State E-rate Coordinator) to help guide you through
this process.

Register here for the in-person session at the OPLIN office
https://ceohio.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=1330

Register here for the webinar only
https://ceohio.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=1331

Quick side topic, if there's anyone with a branch location that can't get
fiber due to vendor construction cost, let me know and we'll try to use the
inertia of the OPLIN order to pave the way!

Thanks to everyone for your time.

Karl Jendretzky
Technology Projects Manager
Ohio Public Library Information Network