[OPLINLIST] FW: NEO News: Small Libraries, Teen SRP, Customer Service Academy, OVGTSL 2020, & Facilitation Skills

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Oct 28 11:55:10 EDT 2019

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<http://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_2473007.htm>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D58D86.8B796320]
NEONews October 28, 2019
Weekly Update

  *   A Note from the Executive Director
  *   Register Today for November and December Workshops and Webinars
  *   Facilitation Skills Workshop
  *   Continuing Education to Print and Share
  *   Teen SRP
  *   Small Libraries are Meeting
  *   OVGTSL 2020 CONFERENCE
  *   Innovation in Teen Services Award!

Continuing Education to Print and Share
New ways to receive continuing education information. Be sure to share this with your staff.
CE @ A Glance<https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/1019_NEO-RLS_CE.pdf>
CE By Competency<https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/NEO-RLS_CE_By_Competency_0919.pdf>
CE By Track<https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/NEO-RLS_CE_By_Track_0919.pdf>
Teen SRP
We are still seeking volunteers to be on the Teen Summer Reading Program Committee.  This group will help to plan this year's Teen Summer Reading Program.  The meeting will be held at our office in Hudson on Monday, November 4, 2019 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.  Please email Melissa Lattanzi<mailto:lattanzm at neo-rls.org> if you are interested in volunteering.
Small Libraries are Meeting
Here is an opportunity to talk with staff and management of small libraries.  Come and share your challenges and success stories.
Who:  Small Library Staff and Management
What:  Networking opportunity
Where:  Ashland Public Library
When:  Friday, November 8th -1:00 pm - 4:00 pm<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54052>
OVGTSL 2020 CONFERENCE

OVGTSL 2020 CONFERENCE: TECHNICAL SERVICES TODAY

MAY 17-19, 2020 -- UNIVERSITY OF AKRON, AKRON, OHIO<https://ideaexchange.uakron.edu/ovgtsl2020/>

The OVGTSL 2020 Conference Program Committee invites forward thinking submissions in all areas related to technical services librarianship including acquisitions, cataloging, serials, electronic resources, collection development and management, systems, and preservation in academic, public, and special libraries.

Participants are invited to submit proposals that report on recent research, address emerging trends, or showcase new tools, services and projects. Time slots for all sessions are 50 minutes in length including time for questions. To submit a program proposal, click HERE <http://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FEfg9fkp5EDSaY8q99&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ccdb858303beb4b05cfe108d756599d9d%7Ce8575dedd7f94ecea4aa0b32991aeedd%7C0%7C0%7C637072815205507132&sdata=7r0TMpZRcG4GEgbwIkO49lIG0uCJh6fiFwW%2B4X%2BDGKo%3D&reserved=0> to submit the following information by November 1st, 2019.

Innovation in Teen Services Award!
Apply for the Innovation in Teen Services Award!
Are you a YALSA/ALA member, and have you implemented an innovative program at your library recently? If so, YALSA encourages you to apply for this $500 award, which aims to recognize a member who has brought a new idea to life through their library that has benefited the teens in their community. Learn more and apply by December 1<http://www.ala.org/yalsa/innovation-teen-services-award>.
A Note from the Executive Director
[https://myneotoday.org/photos/35223_01302017091627.jpg]We are in the throes of planning the continuing education opportunities for January-June 2020 which seems almost impossible!  How did we get to the end of October already?  However it happened, it is here and we are looking forward.  In 2020 we will be offering a new Customer Service Academy.  We are modeling this a bit differently so that people have the opportunity over the course of 12 months to attend a selection of workshops and webinars which will qualify them for a certificate of completion when they complete a set number of hours.  The Academy will include programs for those new to a customer service position and for those who are seasoned customer service professionals, for front line staff and for managers.  In addition, we will look at customer service from a variety of perspectives including how to provide excellent service as an introvert, how to manage a customer service team, how to provide professional customer service through email and telephone and a customer service experience boot camp.  Our members request workshops and webinars on customer service far more than on any other topic or competency.   If you are looking to impress the customers in your library with excellent service, we think that the new Customer Service Academy will help you in an up-to-date, interactive and meaningful way.  Enjoy the remainder of the month and we will keep you posted on the Customer Service Academy coming in 2020!

Betsy Lantz
Register Today for November and December Workshops and Webinars

Adult Book Buzz with Penguin Random House <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=52978>
10/30/2019
IT Network <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54054>
10/30/2019
Reference Network Meeting: A Tour of University Circle<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54644>
10/30/2019
Kids and YA Book Buzz with Penguin Random House <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=52979>
11/06/2019
Small Libraries Network<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54052>
11/08/2019
Day for Circ Staff: It's All About Myers Briggs and Working as a Team<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=51164>
11/12/2019
Creating a Culture of Yes<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53327>
11/13/2019
Presenting 101 <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53342>
11/14/2019
2019 Hottest Tech Toys for the Holidays<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53227>
11/15/2019
Facilitation Skills Workshop<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53226>
11/19/2019
The Unified Desk-Customer Service at Its Best <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53276>
11/20/2019
Teaching Better Behavior: Social-Emotional Learning in Library Programming<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53277>
11/21/2019
Spanish in a Pinch for Library Staff<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54172>
12/04/2019
Unconscious Bias & Micro Messages <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=53320>
12/05/2019
To Tag, or Not to Tag? Implementing RFID at Your Library<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54173>
12/10/2019
Teen Programming: A Mover & Shaker's Recipe for Impact and Success<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54134>
12/11/2019
Salary Survey Discussion: Fiscal Officers and Human Resources Network Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=54833>
12/13/2019

Facilitation Skills Workshop
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at the Twinsburg Public Library<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=53226&org_id=NEOL>
Whether you facilitate a book discussion, a meeting, or a training this workshop is for you.  The workshop is designed to teach the skills necessary to facilitate group interactions to achieve a successful conversation or discussion of a topic.  Facilitation skills training will include the four essential functions of high quality facilitation:  providing structure, encouraging participation, reflecting the group and moving the group forward.

Learning Objectives:

  *   Develop the skills for effective group facilitation
  *   Encourage participation and get the discussion going
  *   Choose and design the right group process(es) for your session
Presenter:  Marti Peden  is the owner and principal of Peden & Associates, a training and consulting company based in Akron, Ohio.  For more than 30 years, she has been a trainer, facilitator, speaker and organizational development professional.  She specializes in conflict resolution, managing change, strategic planning, team building and positive approaches to life’s challenges.
Template 1 - NEONews October 28, 2019