[OPLINLIST] Coming to Our Census: What Libraries Can Do to Get Out the Count

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Tue Oct 29 12:09:23 EDT 2019

Please excuse multiple postings...

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D58E51.B2CD45B0]Census 2020 planning is well underway and there are numerous ways libraries can be involved in ensuring that all Ohio residents are counted.  For the first time in United States history, the forthcoming Census will offer an online option to respond. In Ohio, there are many libraries that serve areas with limited internet connectivity and have historically been challenging for the Census Bureau to count. As community hubs with internet access, libraries will play a critical role in ensuring all Ohioans are counted.  Libraries are essential to every community, campus, student, and patron that come through its doors or connects online.

Join Kirstin Krumsee, Cindy Boyden, and Erin Kelsey from the State Library of Ohio for an informational webinar<https://library.ohio.gov/event/webinar-coming-to-our-census-what-libraries-can-do-to-get-out-the-count/> titled "Coming to Our Census: What Libraries Can Do to Get Out the Count" on November 6 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. They will discuss Census history, the logistics for the 2020 Census, and how libraries need to be involved to ensure a complete count. There will also be lots of time to ask questions and brainstorm program ideas. Register here<https://library.ohio.gov/event/webinar-coming-to-our-census-what-libraries-can-do-to-get-out-the-count/>.

###
[cid:image004.jpg at 01D58E51.B2CD45B0]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer