[OPLINLIST] Last chance for Quick Research Reference Sources webinar on 9/10

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Sep 4 09:25:35 EDT 2019

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D56302.B44CBCB0]

Exploring Our Statewide Resources is a series of freely available webinars open to all library staff members working in Ohio  and continues this fall with two sessions that feature resources available at libraries all across the state.  This pair of sessions will be led by veteran EBSCO trainer, Joe Ceterski, with suggestions and usage scenarios provided by Sara Churchill (Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County). Click the title links for more information and to register.
Exploring Our Statewide Resources: Quick Research Reference Sources<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=530>
As the new academic year gets started, library staff members working in all kinds of communities will find themselves coping with the annual onslaught of requests for help starting a research project or paper. Check out this set of three great resources that can help: Biography Reference Bank, Literary Reference Center, and Science Reference Center.
Tuesday, September 10 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM

Exploring Our Statewide Resources: Hobbies and Craft Reference Center<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=531&reset=1>
Support your local makers, crafters, and the creative "gig" culture by learning more about a fantastic resource-the Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center-that offers 'how-to' instructions, creative solutions, and useful life-hacks to meet the needs and interests of virtually any hobbyist.
Wednesday, November 6 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience. Looking for more sessions in our Reference Skills & Resources training track?  Check out this upcoming webinar or head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming events.

Who's Tracking You?: Privacy Tips and Programming Ideas<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=516&reset=1>
Explore the digital traces we leave behind as we surf, tweet, pin, dm and more. Whether you're worried about your own digital footprint or interested in learning how to talk to your community about these important issues, plan to join us for this webinar for practical tips and eye-opening discussions. No technology expertise required!
Thursday, September 19 from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Presenter: Megan Sheeran (Upper Arlington Public Library)
CEUs: 1

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of our continuing education options, don't hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We're always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities