[OPLINLIST] LinkedIn Learning transition halted

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Sep 19 09:14:01 EDT 2019

Good morning.

Here is the official message I received about the suspension of migrations
to the LinkedIn Learning platform:

*First, thank you for being a valued customer and working so closely with
us on the migration from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning. While we are
excited about the learning experience we offer on LinkedIn Learning, we’ve
made the decision to pause your transition which had been scheduled for
November 4, 5, 6 and 7th. *

*While we’ve worked with many of our public library customers on this
transition, we recognize that there are ongoing concerns about some of the
changes we are making. This pause will give us time to continue our
discussions with the library community and understand if we can build an
online learning solution that meets the needs of public libraries and
library patrons. While we cannot commit to any changes in our approach at
this time, this pause will give us time to have the right, thoughtful
discussions.   *

*Thank you for your patience during this process. For now, please continue
to use Lynda.com to help your patrons learn new skills. *

*We will be in touch on next steps once we determine a path forward. *

More news as events warrant.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250