[OPLINLIST] Home Bound Deliveries- Policy

Mary Ball mkb1261 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 10:14:20 EST 2020

Hello-
I have been tasked to write a Home Bound policy for my library.  Currently we have a 'basic' model set up.We want to 'tighten' it up a bit- perhaps limiting who qualifies for Home Bound:  Age? Disabilities?  Illnesses?
What are your criteria for those who qualify for Home Bound?Do your clients/patrons/customers fill out an application?Do you limit the number of materials that are checked out for them?What happens if you attempt a delivery and the recipient isn't available to collect them?(I'm asking this because I deliver to a senior facility at a set date and time and some clientsforget and don't show up).
Are there any other factors I should consider?
Thanks in advance.
Mary Kay BallBarberton Public Library602 West Park AveBarberton, OH 44203330-745-1194 (Ext. 1444 for Voice Mail)