[OPLINLIST] Home Bound Deliveries- Policy

Kim Davis kdavis at pickawaylib.org
Tue Dec 22 08:26:44 EST 2020

Hi Mary,

We deliver to the homebound and nursing home facilities.
Those who qualify:

-          Elderly

-          Unable to visit library due to a medical condition

-          No one is available to pick up or return items for the patron

-          Live in a nursing home facility

-          Temporarily home bound
We have had patrons fill out applications in the past, but since COVID we take their application over the phone.
We do not limit their materials.  We ask the patrons how many items they would like.
When making deliveries, we call the patron the day before to let them know when we will be delivering.  If they will not be available, we try and reschedule or renew items until next delivery date.
At the nursing homes (which we are unable to visit right now), we are in contact with the activities directors who help out with the residents.
We do once a month deliveries.

Hope this helps!

Kim Davis
Outreach Manager