[OPLINLIST] Magazines and Newspapers

Eric Taggart etaggart at rodmanlibrary.com
Tue Jun 23 12:15:59 EDT 2020

We are allowing patrons to use these.  We have hand sanitizing stations
set up throughout the library, and our restrooms are open so that
patrons can wash their hands.  Like it or not, people (or at least the
ones who are the loudest) want things open and as normal as possible,
and that will involve some risk in the midst of this pandemic.  Right
now, you have to live assuming that an infected person has touched every
surface that you touch.  We have a very regular cleaning schedule, but
some things can't be cleaned.  So you have to wash your hands and avoid
touching your face.  Obviously, everyone has to make their own choices-
but we know that our patrons would not be pleased if they didn't have
access to newspapers and magazines.  We aren't forcing them to touch
periodicals- they choose to do so knowing that the coronavirus is out
there, so risk is involved.  And if they don't know that, no one can
help them.

Best regards-
Eric

--