[OPLINLIST] Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning News

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Sep 9 12:12:26 EDT 2020

As previously announced Lynda.com has begun emailing library account
administrators about changing over to LinkedIn Learning. Even though
ours is a statewide purchase, their account and communication systems
treat each library as if the subscription is managed independently.  I
have already been in discussions with our account reps and tech
support team at LinkedIn to make for an orderly and coordinated
transition.

The plan is to begin transitioning libraries the week of May 3 - 7, 2021.

This plan assumes that LinkedIn Learning will be selected as the next
statewide skills training resource when the RFP is released later this
year. If the RFP process results in the selection of a different
product to replace statewide Lynda.com, plans will certainly change.

Thank you for your patience while we work through the process over the
coming months. Do reach out with questions you may have. I know each
library has its own particular set of circumstances, and I'll try to
be as clear as I can with how the many variables might affect you and
your patrons.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250

                                  —DY