[OPLINLIST] Pandemic Book Sales

Dee Culbertson dee.culbertson at madison-library.info
Tue Sep 29 11:40:57 EDT 2020

Our Friends' group just held a book sale at our library. This time we set up tables at least 6' apart or more in our Create Space area. It is a large area in the main part of our library. The Friends' volunteers would only allow no more than 10 people at a time in the area. Everyone had to wear masks and use hand sanitizer before entering. We never had too many people at one time. We held it over 3 days and instead of normal pricing, the Friends charged $2.00 per a plastic grocery bag. This limited the Friends from giving back change and less money was handled. We only took donations for 1 week, two weeks before the sale began. We have now stopped taking donations again. We do not have much space to store anything currently except for weeded materials from the collection. The Friends also have an ongoing book sale up on a few shelfs in our small Friends' room. Book in the ongoing book sale are $2.00 per bag too.

Thanks,

DeeAnna Culbertson, Director

Madison Public Library

6111 Middle Ridge Rd.