[OPLINLIST] National Library Week Library Card Project

Sarah Few sfew at pcdl.org
Tue Apr 6 16:32:20 EDT 2021

The Perry County District Library has a library card display and we'd like to share it with you!

This year for National Library Week, we wanted to highlight libraries not only in the United States, but also libraries in all 88 counties in the State of Ohio!

*         As of today, we have received cards from 65 different libraries in 45 of the 50 states (this does not include Ohio).

*         As of today, we have received cards from 86 different libraries in 50 of the 88 counties in Ohio.

*         We also received a card from the United Kingdom!

Attached to this email are a few photos of our card collages that are on display at our main location in New Lexington, Ohio. I have also created an interactive map to showcase each card digitally. By clicking the link below, you can see where each library falls on the map, as well as a picture of their library card(s) and in some cases, pictures of notes, letters, informational brochures, and more.

Please feel free to share this with your staff and patrons.

Interactive Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1QA9qZm1MmLEz3ZFJcCPiiHctWi8ww-Cx&ll=40.23508060000004%2C-100.4174802&z=8

Have a wonderful National Library Week and thank you to all of the libraries who have participated in this project so far!

Sarah Few, MLIS, CPL
Teen & Adult Services Coordinator, Reference Librarian
Perry County District Library
sfew at pcdl.org
740-342-4194 ext. 112