[OPLINLIST] Two weeks to LinkedIn Learning migrations

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Apr 19 14:43:57 EDT 2021

In two weeks, Ohio libraries will begin moving from Lynda.com to LinkedIn
Learning. All the new LinkedIn Learning for Library portals are active, and
librarians can begin testing things out.

One word of caution before you do: Lynda account activity hasn't migrated
yet. Any logging in with a library card and PIN into the new system will
create a new LinkedIn Learning user. Once that's done, I don't think the
legacy Lynda activity can be merged into the new account, so only test with
accounts that don't have a Lynda history you want to preserve.

You can find your library's custom link and your designated account
migration date on this spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QCTkbXo2wLVVnIvuzOqbdAqQHIifARenU97cc1wq01o/edit?usp=sharing>.
Don't put the new link out for patrons yet; you'll want to wait until after
accounts migrate before you do that.

There is additional information at https://oplin.ohio.gov/lynda-transition.
If you have questions, please reach out to me or any of the OPLIN staff at
support.oplin.org.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250