[OPLINLIST] Technology Librarian, Bexley Public Library

Andrea Jones ajones at bexleylibrary.org
Fri Apr 30 08:38:16 EDT 2021

Do you enjoy making technology accessible and helping others learn to use
it? For many patrons, the ability to access and use technology is critical
to providing entry to new jobs, enriching education, and increasing user
confidence in our ever-changing world. Bexley Public Library is seeking a
Technology Librarian to bring their interests, experience, and ideas to our
innovative, patron-focused team.  As our Technology Librarian you will help
create and drive our technology initiatives, develop technology training,
and bring a sense of service to all aspects of the role.  Starting salary
$47,500; offer based on experience)

Primary duties include:

·         Developing and implementing technology programming and
instruction.

·         Video and audio editing of virtual and hybrid programs, including
podcasts.

·         Assisting patrons with technology issues and providing
instruction, both
one-on-one and in group classes.

·         Training staff on technology equipment and providing
knowledgeable, compassionate, technology instruction.

·         Model outstanding customer service and technology instruction.

·         Staffing all public service points and providing outstanding
reference
and readers advisory services.

Improving lives is at the heart of everything we do at Bexley Public
Library, and as a small library we have a record and a passion for doing
big things. We want to hear from you if you are knowledgeable, friendly and
approachable, and truly want to help people.  In this role, you will work
with a team that comes to work every day with innovative ideas and
compassion for the needs of our patrons. You will work in a highly
collaborative environment and create strong and supportive connections
with our patrons and community partners.  We seek those who embrace our
mission to enlighten, engage, and inspire the community. We strive to
support and reflect the communities we serve through our dedication to
equity, diversity and inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.

*For the full job description and application process, please visit *
*https://www.bexleylibrary.org/jobs* <https://www.bexleylibrary.org/jobs>*.*

[image: BPL Logo] <http://www.bexleylibrary.org/>

*Andrea "Andy" Jones **(she/her)*

Human Resources

ajones at bexleylibrary.org

Bexley Public Library <http://www.bexleylibrary.org/> | Where Curiosity
Meets Discovery

(614) 231-2785 | 2411 E. Main St. Bexley, OH 43209 Mobile. (614) 599-4177

Reading *Identical, *by Scott Turow

[image: BPL Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/bexleylibrary>[image: BPL
Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/bexleylibrary>[image: BPL Instagram]
<http://www.instagram.com/bexleylibrary>